Sunday, April 10, 2011

Almost Two

I feel like my little boy is growing up so fast. I was speechless when a couple of days ago, he started singing the ABC’s (I have only heard him get to “D” so far). He also counts up to 8 (and then skips 9 and goes to 10 :) ).

Last weekend we went to the MN Zoo to see the Farm Babies. His favorite was the cow, as he kept asking to go back to the cow multiple times. We saw baby sheep, goats, piglets, calves, and ducklings. Then we moved on to Discovery Bay. Inside, they have a recreated tidal pool (every minute or so water gushes out and the “tide” goes up briefly). Inside was a starfish. We were sitting on the edge of the tide pool and Lucas would reach in and gently touch the starfish. Then he started singing and doing the motions for “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.”

He also got to pet a shark in the touch tank and we also saw a dolphin show.

We all had a great time!

My favorite thing he does right now is he will give me a big hug and say “Mama!”

I can’t believe he is turning two next week. He is a very active, typical little boy. He loves sharks, whales, snakes, spiders, rocks, wrestling, music, books, and being a helper (he loves to help wash strawberries in the sink).

Time is flying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home