Saturday, April 16, 2011

Happy To You

Well, my son has officially turned two. Today we had a great day. He woke up to presents waiting for him in the living room - a space shuttle, a doctor play kit, and a few more super heroes.

He got to have a giant chocolate chip cookie from Barnes & Noble, and after a supper of his favorite meal (hot dogs), we sang "Happy Birthday" and he blew out two candles and enjoyed a little birthday cake.

Yesterday and today all I could think about was where I was two years ago. At 7:53am this morning, I got a little teary eyed. Motherhood has changed me in so many ways - the biggest of all my capacity to love. There is no feeling like watching your child grow and seeing him find joy in the world.

And the cutest thing ever - he likes being sung "Happy Birthday" to. We sang it to him, my parents sang it to him over skype, and his class sang it to him during snack. While he was playing downstairs, I could hear him singing to himself, "Happy to you."

Happy Birthday, son. We love you very much.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home